This past week I got a request for an event at the Hodge Podge Lodge, wanting to dig up some old photos to show my clients I found a whole lot of photos backed up to my Google Photos Drive and I wanted to download them and share them with the rest of the world. Google Drive will have more Videos.
This is a very beautiful venue, very different and great for those that want an outdoor wedding ceremony and Reception.
The staff there was very helpful the day of the wedding and they even allowed a time for me and the bride to come into the venue a few weeks prior to the event so we can discuss they layout and where the DJ Should be placed. This was very helpful for the wedding planning.
Southwyck Country Club is a golf club and has an area for the ceremony, which is outdoors, and an area for the reception which is an indoor venue that holds approximately 150-200 Guests, by my estimates.
The wedding ceremony was very beautiful, full of love, laughter, and great memories…
The wedding reception was also a great time for everyone involved. This was a lively group and danced just about at anything I threw their way.
The loved dancing and that is very evident by the video we took that night.
It is also great to receive a positive Houston Wedding DJ Review from our clients always I even wrote an article about it.
In this video you will see La Hora Loca, or the Crazy Hour, which is a time where party props are passed out to all the guests and they have an over the top crazy time! Most of it was also captured on the video shot by the DJ.
Here is the Wedding Video for this event at the Southwyck Country Club in Pearland.
For you to choose your Corporate DJs Houston correctly here are a few things you will need to consider.
1. Sourcing your list of potential corporate DJs Houston – It is best to get a list of potential DJs that will be pertinent to your corporate event from people you know and other events you have attended. The venues may also be able to help with this list, but one important thing you should know of, it seems to be common practice for venues to use cheaper budget Djs but the price you pay is far from budget – How would you feel about paying well over $1,000 for your corporate DJ and the DJ they use only gets paid $400 ? when your paying $400 for a DJ you are not going to get an experimental corporate DJ for your event! A high profile corporate DJ will not go out for cheap! you will more than likely be provided with a part time DJ that actually has a full time job as well! so if you need the DJ to set up their sound & lighting equipment early for your corporate event, this might cause you a problem.
2. Meet the DJ in person if possible – This will give you a very good idea of their professionalism and the DJs music tastes and what genres of music the DJ is willing to play. It will also give you an opportunity to discuss the theme and genre of music you would prefer the DJ play at your corporate event.
3. Request testimonials – An experienced corporate DJ will be able to provide you with many names of parties or corporate events in London that they have worked at, Click here to see a list of some previous clients we have provided our corporate DJ service for.
4. Request their song selection – This is important, as you want a DJ with a larger selection of songs, so as to handle requests on the night. See our top requested songs of 2015 List to help you get informed on what’s popular now a days.
5. Ask the DJ if they have played at your chosen venue before? – It is essential that the DJ is familiar with certain venues in Houston, as many of these have a number of potential issues, such as parking, strict loading/unloading times and logistics, sound restrictions and any documents they may require before the DJ can set up for your corporate event.
6. Check whether the DJ has the appropriate sound equipment for your event – Most professional DJ’s own their equipment and can cater to the size of the venue, also you will need to choose a corporate DJ who has a discreet DJ set up, preferably with the industry standard black cloth covered DJ booth, that way they will not contrast too much with the stage set, also it is imperative that DJ you choose only uses high end Sound & lighting equipment.
7. Enquire about lighting and stage effects – most professional corporate DJs Houston will be able to provide these no matter how large your corporate event is.
8. Once you have short listed your corporate DJ, if possible ask to attend an event at which your DJ is playing at to gage their professionalism, this may not be possible but definitely worth asking, alternatively the DJ might have some video footage from some of there previous performances for you to have a look at. Elegante Entertainment make sure that they regularly capture video footage from the events they DJ at on a regular basis.
9. Provide the event DJ with a list of your expectations – such as time of the event , event itinerary, set up time and the location, if the venue is located in South Houston, Central Houston or North Houston then you should be aware that traffic conditions on the roads in Houston are always unpredictable, therefore you will need to make sure that they know they will need to leave at a certain time to allow them to arrive at your chosen venue before time with everyone stress free! Obviously if you book an experiential corporate DJ they will know all these important details already.
10. Have a contract in place to document your negotiation and to avoid miscommunication on the night.
The perfect corporate event DJ will be flexible and able to read the energy of your event or party. A good DJ will take requests from the crowd and also able to change the music up if the energy is low. It is the event DJ’s responsibility to keep the party or corporate event fun, lively and everyone on the dance floor.
Just a selection of some corporate clients that Elegante Entertainment have provided there DJ services for in the last few months..
Houston Wedding DJ Elegante Entertainment has released the new promo sample video for our clients. Here are a few pictures of what we do and some of the services we offer from, Monograms to uplighting, to Photo Booths and to an overall fun event.
Follow us on Youtube where you can see all our videos:
Here is a 22 min video of of Me mixing some Cumbias Live, in one take, same as I would at a Wedding or Quinceanera Here in Houston TX.
0:00 Aniceto Molina – El Campanero
1:00 Aniceto Molina – La Jerigonza
2:10 Aniceto Molina – La Cumbia Sampuesana
4:10 Grupo Niche – La Canoa Ranchaa
5:00 Major Lazer & DJ Snake Ft. MO – Lean On (Cumbia Version)
6:00 Laura Leon – Suavecito (DVJ REMIX)
7:15 Los Hermanos Flores – Estas Bien Buena
8:10 Marco Antonio Solis – Tu Me Vuelves Loco
9:30 ?? – Rumba Cha Cha Cha (Remix)
10:30 Cantinflas – Cumbia Arabe
12:45 La Sonora Dinamita – Maruja
13:45 La Sonora Dinamita – Bello
15:40 ?? – Las Calenas
16:30 Celso Pina – Cumbia Sobre el Rio
17:25 Fito Olivares – La Cobra (DVJ Remix)
18:40 Aniceto Molina – El Machito