“We’ve got that! Ship digital hugs to everybody! Preserve love in your coronary heart, a dance in your step, handle your neighbors, be affected person, be variety, make joyful music, share your presents and belief that what stays of this expertise will probably be golden. “- Dianne Krouse, island musician
When this dedication was submitted and the accompanying tune “Aquarius” was performed on my present “Pricey Vashon” on Voice of Vashon, all of us thought the lockdown could be two and a half weeks – out and in, one and finished. We have been pressured to fog up our glasses, get used to masks, act like children on the prolonged spring break, dig puzzles and skip showers, and hunt down relations to courageous Thriftway for lavatory paper.
When Dianne’s dedication was first learn within the air on April 8, 2020, “Pricey Vashon” was additionally a burgeoning idea – solely every week previous. I learn this as the ultimate dedication on that first present and when the untried phrases got here out it hit not solely me however the viewers deeply as properly.
As this week marks the one 12 months anniversary of the present Pricey Vashon, I’m amazed that I’m removed from shocked for all we’ve got misplaced, amazed at our shared tenacity, and impressed by the beneficiant phrases the islanders submitted for neighbors , Organizations and corporations.
Internet hosting a weekly dwell radio present was lacking on my radar earlier than COVID, to not point out making a present that featured songs and messages of hope, celebration and gratitude amongst islanders. , I will be ticking the Exceeded Expectations field on this expertise – and listed here are a number of the actually dozen of the explanation why, as highlights from final 12 months:
- From Pete and Allison from Vashon Occasions to the island, we will not wait to create enjoyable music experiences for everybody once more. Greetings to everybody on Vashon, be protected, be wholesome and see you on the opposite facet!
- To Paul Rowley, The Beachcomber: For a kind of intrepid, unstoppable reporters Paul who retains down the Beachcomber fort and pulls out the newspaper week after week!
- To island farmers: To our native natural farmers, the veranda, the backyard, the gardeners with inexperienced fingers, the VIGA makers and shakers, the panorama and soil lovers who help us. I dedicate this tune to you with gratitude.
- To all Vashon academics, thanks for being there for all of our kids throughout this tough time … past every thing!
- From Aster to Robert: You’re the wind that I sail and the wind that brings me house.
- From mother to Adriana for her VHS diploma: attain out for the celebrities, child. And dance, all the time dance.
- In regards to the Vashon class of 2020: Essentially the most lovely and resilient group of individuals I do know. Keep tuned, your time to vary the world for the higher.
- To the crew of the Burton Espresso Stand: I might wish to dedicate it to Kathy, Shannon and all of their prospects on the Burton Espresso Stand, whom I miss much more than my hometown New Orleans …
- From Kate to Doug, thanks for taking part in our wedding ceremony tune for our second marriage after our divorce – whole insanity!
- From Porter to Kathryn: From Porter to my great spouse Kathryne. I like you not just for who you might be, but in addition for who I’m after I’m with you!
As soon as extra:
“We’ve got that! Ship digital hugs to everybody! Preserve love in your coronary heart, a dance in your step, handle your neighbors, be affected person, be variety, make joyful music, share your presents and belief that what stays of this expertise will probably be golden. “
There’s something eternally radiant about his optimism and about what has change into everlasting and haunting recollections in a time that has ebbed and flowed for all of us with grace, unhappiness, persistence and hope. I’ve learn it each week since that first present and it is my rally cry till we will safely say we’re “again”. Thanks for listening and have a pleasant day Vashon!
Ship your tune and message dedications to [email protected] hosted by Tara Morgan. Hear dwell on Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in your Voice of Vashon radio, app or good speaker.