Today, is Monday, January 14th and I am here at my office early reading all my weekend emails and making a to do list for this week. I have about 10 website submissions for people wanting to use my DJ Service here in the Houston area. That’s a good number and January is always a month where people start looking for their DJ. The holidays have just passed, they’ve gotten all their family time in, and they decided to wait until after the holidays to search for their Wedding or QuinceaÃ±era DJ.
I’m also sorting through all the Brides that stopped by my booth at the Houston Bridal Extravaganza. So I have a good foundation to build my business early in the year.
January is usually for the same reasons above. People want to spend the Holidays doing Holiday related stuff and very few people want to schedule their wedding right after the Holiday season because of all the spending and traveling that happens then. Then to add to that more Spending and Traveling! This month, I am doing a lot better then last January. I have an event every week of the month and they are all weddings. All these events are a result of my great Rank from Google and Yahoo! for they keywords “DJ in Houston” (Click on the links for proof).
January 12th, 2008
This past weekend’s event was a memorable one. The Bride and Groom Carol and Cory were very happy and very loving towards each other. I met them at their house about 3 weeks prior to their event. Not that they waited until the last minute for to search for their DJ, but the person they left in charge to find them a DJ found a good one, but there was one little bitty problem…. He was NOT a Bilingual DJ… When you have a Latin and African American, you sorta need that… So they hit their local Search engine (Google, I believe) and found their Ideal DJ. Me :)
Anyways, the Ceremony and Reception was amazing and people had a great time all night long. The place of the Ceremony and Reception was Houston’s Ballrooms which is only about 10 minutes from my home. That was a great thing since their Reception ended at 1:00 am!!!!!
Songs for the Ceremony!
- Canon in D – Pachabel: for the Sitting of the Mothers and the entrance of the Bridal Party
- Bridal Chorus – Wagner: Bride’s Entracne
- Hallelujah Chorus – Handel: Recessional Song
Special thanks to the officiant Lynn Turner of Weddings Performed. This is about the 4th or 5th wedding that I have worked closely with her and would recommend her services to all that ask!
The wedding songs!
- Bride and Groom’s First Dance: Alicia Keys – (Love me) Like You’ll Never See me Again
- Father and Daughter Dance: Heartland- I Loved Her First
- Mother and Son Dance: Boyz II Men – A Song for Mama (Very emotional for both Linda and Cory)
- Father Daughter Dance: Paul Simon – Father and Daughter (Cory and his daughter Megan)
- Bouquet Toss: Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
- Garter Removal: Next – Too Close
- Cake Cutting: The Four Tops – I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)
- Dollar Dance: Selena, Brooks and Dunn, K-Ci and JoJo, John Michael Montgomery…
Again, this was a memoral wedding even for me, all the guest loved Carol and Cory and it showed from their Bridal Party Introductions all the way to their last song played. I feel blessed and honored to have been a part of their special day.
Francisco H. Perez
Houston’s Elegant Bilingual Wedding DJ